Changing Font Style in Survey123 App (Korean)

09-26-2017 04:08 AM
CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

Is there a way to change the font style in the mobile app? 

The Korean font looks 'cutesy' and it does not look very professional! 

Any help would be greatly appreciated  

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Calvin, 

아이구!  Thanks for bringing this up- would you have a suggestion of a more appropriate font by name?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Calvin,

I'm attempting to replicate this, but I'm not seeing the same font, see below (the first phrase below was what came up when I searched for a sentence that uses every letter).  I'm wondering if this might be a system font issue on your phone - can you test on other devices?  Can you let me know what device you are using?

:

0 Kudos
CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

James, thank you for checking.

I am currently using Samsung Galaxy Note 5, but I have checked it on Samsung Galaxy TabS as well as other smartphones. I've never changed my system font...could you let me know how I could troubleshoot/check?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Calvin,

Can you take a look at

Settings > Display > Fonts

and see if there is a list of fonts available?

Also, can you share the XLS file of your survey so I can check to see if it might be something to do with text placement in the survey?

0 Kudos
CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

Hi James,

There is a list of fonts and mine is set to "Default."

The screenshot of the survey is the default survey that was available when I downloaded Survey123 mobile app. Do you have access to it or shall I send it to you?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Yes, please forward the form.

Also, can you try changing the fonts and see if there is a better one?  'Noto' fonts should be non-brush-like

0 Kudos
CalvinKwon1
New Contributor III

James, here is the link to the file.

파주시 산란계 및 육계 농가조사.zip - Box 

0 Kudos