Code 0 Error and inbox is being wiped when launching surveys from Field Maps hyperlink offline

Jump to solution
05-25-2023 05:30 AM
JohnHuillery1
Occasional Contributor

I have a Field Maps app that has a hyperlink to launch a survey123 inbox record from a pop up.  When I attempt to open the survey from the hyperlink in Field Maps when I'm offline, I get an Error Code 0 and the contents of the inbox disappears. This did not happen before I upgraded to Connect 3.17.54. It works fine when I'm connected to the internet, but my users will always be offline.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JohnHuillery1

If you have update=true in your URL linking Field Maps to Survey123 this is logged as BUG-000157932. What's happening is with update=true, Survey123 is trying to reach out to the feature service to refresh the Inbox, but since the device is offline the request fails causing this issue. 

As a workaround I would suggest in your pop up having two URL's one when for use when online that includes the update=true URL parameter and one for offline use that omits the update=true URL parameter. 

Thank you,
Zach

View solution in original post

BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi @JohnHuillery1, we believe we will address the cause of this issue (BUG-000157932) in our upcoming 3.18 August update. The builds are available for testing now via the Early Adopter website if you'd like to try it out?

Thanks,

Brett

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @JohnHuillery1

If you have update=true in your URL linking Field Maps to Survey123 this is logged as BUG-000157932. What's happening is with update=true, Survey123 is trying to reach out to the feature service to refresh the Inbox, but since the device is offline the request fails causing this issue. 

As a workaround I would suggest in your pop up having two URL's one when for use when online that includes the update=true URL parameter and one for offline use that omits the update=true URL parameter. 

Thank you,
Zach
BrettStokes
Esri Contributor

Hi @JohnHuillery1, we believe we will address the cause of this issue (BUG-000157932) in our upcoming 3.18 August update. The builds are available for testing now via the Early Adopter website if you'd like to try it out?

Thanks,

Brett