Connot create a row of size X which is greater than the allowable maximum row size of 8060

03-04-2024 10:16 AM
amcnicol
New Contributor II

We've encountered an issue in 2 of our surveys, where no errors were found in Survey123 Connect, and after recent [Publish], surveys won't send from the Field App.

The error message says the following:

Send Error
This survey could not be sent due to the following error:

Cannot create a row of size 10196 which is greater than the allowable maximum row size of 8060. The statement has been terminated.

This has not been an issue before, with only minor changes being pushed in the last [Publish]. We've checked the limits of all fields, and the package which is sent, and both are nowhere near the 8060 limit. The stated number (10196) gets bigger after every [Publish], as if it's accumulative, rather than replacing the previous error.

We're aware this is a SQL error, and wonder if any changes have taken place from the ESRI side which could have resulted in these errors occurring.

For reference, our surveys are very big - up to 750 rows on the Excel sheet, but haven't encountered this issue until the past 2 weeks, where 2 of our surveys have fallen over. Each time, we've been able to create a new Project, copy/paste the files, and it seems to work perfectly.

We're almost at the stage of going live with this project, and fear the loss of data if these surveys fall over if we publish an update once LIVE.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Reuben
by
New Contributor III

hi,

We recently, had experienced the same issue. It happen when we conducted our survey on field apps.

We previous, do the same survey online via web application with no such issue showing up.

We're also waiting for further response from ESRI

PaulSweeney3
Occasional Contributor III

I had this issue also i was able to resolve by setting the majority of my calculation fields to null types ( I had a large number of pulldata(@layer) calcs in my form ). if you have the option of doing this also consider using integers where possible to reduce the size of the row count. 

0 Kudos
amcnicol
New Contributor II

Hi @PaulSweeney3 

Thanks for your comment. We do have a lot of fields, pulldata calls, and calculations on our forms, but these are all required for functionality.

The strange thing for us, is that saving the survey as a new project (all rows intact) somehow works flawlessly. This suggests the SQL database is corrupting somehow, rather than it being any limitation on the form itself.

0 Kudos
Stalin
by
New Contributor
Greetings.
Have you managed to find a solution to this problem?
0 Kudos
amcnicol
New Contributor II

Hi @Stalin 

ESRI Support are still looking into this case, but can't offer any explanation yet.

0 Kudos