Difference in Feature Services between Survey123 Connect and Survey123 Web

01-09-2017 01:15 PM
BretLian
New Contributor II

When publishing a survey from Survey123 for Web, it generates a form and two different feature services.

But, when publishing a survey from Survey123 Connect it only creates a form and one feature service.

Both methods work fine in terms of collecting data on the Survey123 mobile application.

I am using the python script created by jtedrick to pull data from hosted feature services into our Enterprise Geodatabase. It works fine against the Survey123 for Web feature layer, but against the Survey123 Connect created feature layer it just migrates empty tables. I have the settings for the two feature services the same, the only thing that is different seems to be the second feature service(the one that says "hosted,view") that is generated when using Survey123 for Web. Am I missing a step when publishing feature services from Survey123 Connect?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Bret,

This sounds like two separate issues.  The difference in publishing with Survey123Connect vs. the website should not affect the ability to migrate the survey.  During the migration script, are there any messages that appear that might indicate something is amiss?  Another common error I found during development was not specifying the correct timezone- in North/South American contexts, it can lead to no rows copying over as the records are from the 'future' (time in UTC vs. local time) and thus after the synchronization time.

On the other view/non-view part, with the December release of Survey123, the website now takes advantage of a new feature in ArcGIS Online - the ability to create 'Feature Service Views'.