Display data downloaded from the Inbox in the map

01-29-2018 08:00 AM
JAVIERVARA_SANZ
Occasional Contributor II

It would be highly beneficial if a user could tap on the map to set a location and be able to see the location of those records that have been downloaded using the Inbox. 

Additionally, allowing the user to retrieve a record by selecting it directly in the Inbox map could add a lot of value to this functionality.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Javier,

We already have a map in the Inbox which will display the records in the map view loaded via the Inbox and you can also open a survey from the map by selecting a record. To enable the map view, you need to enable the Inbox and Spatial filter in the Connect -> Settings -> Inbox for the survey and also ensure you have a geopoint question in your survey.

If you do not have a geopoint question in your survey you will not see the map view in Inbox even if Spatial filter is enabled.

Phil.

0 Kudos
JAVIERVARA_SANZ
Occasional Contributor II

Wonderful Phil.

I must have missed this. I don't recall being able to do this in previous versions, but I've just checked and works exactly as you describe.Sorry about the confusion on my end.

How about displaying existing records in the survey itself? This would be useful if I am returning to an area to conduct an assessment, and I am not sure what has been done already. The other option is to add a button in the inbox to open an empty survey from the map screen.

Thanks.

AndrewHargreaves2
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Philip Wilson

Is it possible to somehow open a survey directly to the Inbox Map? My workflow requires staff to inspect existing assets held in a parent feature service, with inspections held in repeats (related feature service), partially populated by the parent feature. Having our staff be able to head directly into the map, and maybe just needing to refresh based on their location, would be very helpful indeed.

0 Kudos