Does a Survey123 logs file exist? I need to know (to confirm) that survey ran on a particular day/time

01-16-2024 06:58 AM
PanGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have a Make scenario that skipped to run twice. No trigger started, the Survey triggers the scenario, the Survey was submitted though.

The scenario ran one hour before and after that particular time, no events or edits were performed when the scenario was not triggered.

I have the data in the feature service that confirm that the survey was submitted and when, but that is not a log.

I need to confirm that survey was submitted. (a ticket open with Make)

Is there any way I can check?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes, but you need to enable it to start logging.

I don't use Make any more, but I assume it works the same as Power Automate's webhooks. If you made a flow, the user needs to download an update on their device to actually trigger that flow. Does the user have any pending updates to that survey?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

To look at this another way, why don't you check the Portal? That will tell you when a survey was submitted.

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by

Hi @abureaux thanks for your reply. 

The scenario in Make missed two runs. It ran one hour before and after without any issue.

The survey wasn't updated, not even the scenario. Nothing happened, I was sleeping at that time.

It happened on the 8th of January, and is still running since that day. It only missed two runs.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I'd try this:

1. Check the Portal. Do you see the submissions?
    1. If no, user never submitted. If yes, user submitted.
  2. Have the user send in a test submission after opening the app and checking for updates. Did Make catch the submission?
    1. If no updates available and it works, great (either user was missing update previously and this shouldn't happen again, or Make was down for a short period).
    2. If updates available and it works after updating, user was missing updates previously.
    3. If it doesn't work regardless of update status, you may have a larger issue at hand.
  3. Send a test submission yourself
    1. Just to test if the process is working as intended. If you have other successful submissions after the missed runs to indicate all is running properly, you can skip this.

This should help narrow down the issue to the user/device, Make, or AGO/Portal.

There is a chance that Make was offline for a while. But I thought that Make had logs somewhere for that (I may be mistaken... again, it's been a while since I've done anything in Make).

0 Kudos
PanGIS
by

@abureaux    Thanks for your input, 

probably two devices are using the survey and one of the two was not up-to-date.

This is the only explanation I can give to my self as the scenario triggered correctly all the times except for 2 runs only.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I'd say that in the absence of anything else, the missing update is the most likely cause. I've seen it happen with Power Automate flows before.

0 Kudos