Dynamically set group and note label, or hint contents

Jump to solution
05-22-2017 01:27 PM
Trippetoe
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a way to set dynamically the label content for a Group or note, or even the hint contents?

Below is an abbreviated version of my test survey.  The survey compiles and loads fine, but there is no content, i.e. there is just empty space, where the Group header and note should be.

When i try to use dynamic content in the hint field, i get some different behavior depending on where (or if) a variable is used in the string.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelKelly

I don't believe it is possible to dynamically set values in the label field just yet, but you can use a note combined with a calculation to dynamically display text:

typenamelabelcalculation
textsomeTextEnter some text…
decimalsomeNumberEnter a number…
notenoteSummaryconcat("This is your text:\n\n", ${someText}, "\n\nThis is your number…\n\n", ${someNumber})

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MichaelKelly

I don't believe it is possible to dynamically set values in the label field just yet, but you can use a note combined with a calculation to dynamically display text:

typenamelabelcalculation
textsomeTextEnter some text…
decimalsomeNumberEnter a number…
notenoteSummaryconcat("This is your text:\n\n", ${someText}, "\n\nThis is your number…\n\n", ${someNumber})
Trippetoe

Thanks Michael.

I have been toying around with calculated note contents. It works OK.  The approach still requires (at least) two separate lines of screen space - one for the note Label and one for the note Contents.  I've been trying to preserve screen space by having the note take up a single line, and i mostly convinced that that isn't possible.

On a tangential note - any idea how to format the calculated text of a note's comments? I've tried adding the html formatting within the 'concat' function, but it seems to be ignored. For example, this has no impact on the color or size of the text:

concat("<font color=blue size='small'>",${starttime},"00 - ", ${starttime}, "14<&#47;font>")

and inserted the concat function between the <font></font> tags forces a compile time error.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos