Enable Others to See Survey Results Dashboards

03-16-2016 11:22 AM
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

I have created and published a survey for another person, but they are not able to see the survey results from the Survey123 site.  I've contacted Esri support and was told only the person who has published the survey can see the results and results dashboard at survey123.arcgis.com.

If this is true, I'd like to suggest an enhancement to Survey123.arcgis.com that will allow users to be designated as survey result viewers. Implementing this capability provides a couple benefits:

• Eliminates the need to grant publisher privileges to many users. With lots of publishers things can get disorganized and inefficient.  Instead, I'd prefer to have a select group of people permitted to publish surveys.
  • Avoids the need to develop dashboards when a survey is created. Using the general view may be sufficient for a lot of cases. We can see the data in a webmap, but currently the statistical display will need to be built for each survey.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Terry,

I agree with your comments! It's frustrating to have to swap ownership of the code sample so others can see the dashboard!

Have you seen the github page for Survey123? It'd be great if you could post this there too: Issues · Esri/Survey123Community · GitHub

0 Kudos
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

Good suggestion. I've posted this in GitHub.

0 Kudos
LorettaWinton
New Contributor II

My group needs this functionality as well. I hope it gets implemented!!

0 Kudos