Firewall ports for Survey123

05-31-2017 10:08 PM
DanielMcIlroy
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody could provide some advice on the ports for Survey123, I think we may have to punch a hole in our staff WiFi firewall to upload surveys.

We have an issue where we are unable to upload completed surveys using our staff WiFi network. We are able to download the survey, and also able to login via our Single Sign On for ArcGIS Online.

We have been trying to troubleshoot it on our end, thinking that it may be a proxy issue. The fact that it is communicating in one direction without any issue is confusing the issue.

I have been getting around this issue by just the data on my mobile phone to do the development work on our forms, but going forward this isn't really a solution.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Dan

0 Kudos
2 Replies
StephenQuan1
Esri Contributor

Hi Dan,

There isn't a lot of information to go on.

Perhaps if you tell us more information, we could narrowed down the problem. Let's start with the usual:

- Which platform? (Windows, Android, ...)

- What's in your Survey, are there attachments?

- Are you completely in ArcGIS Online, i.e. are the Feature Services there as well?

Have you tried capturing a diagnostic log?

1. Menu > Settings

2. Diagnostics button on the bottom

3. Choose to send the diagnostics to the log, or run AppStudio Console on the same staff WIFI to capture the diagnostics

Here's more information about using AppStudio Console

1. Go to a desktop PC which is on the same staff WIFI network

2. Download and install AppStudio for ArcGIS | ArcGIS 

3. Run AppStudio for ArcGIS

4. Click Console

5. Now, go back to Survey123 and follow the steps above

6. Survey123 diagnostics should now start streaming into AppStudio Console

Stephen

DanielMcIlroy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for that Stephen,

I will look into the console and try using it to debug.

We have had this problem with Windows, Android and iOS. We are trying to upload from surveys that have attachments and surveys that do not. We are completely in ArcGIS Online.

Thanks,

Dan

0 Kudos