Good Day

02-14-2018 12:05 AM
UteMorisse
New Contributor

We are collecting meter data using Survey123 but some of the point features do not fall directly within the stand polygons (SGID). They are situated within the road reserve . . . is there a way to select the polygon and attach the selected stand SGID to the point feature by just selecting the stand.

I thought I should use Collector and survey123 but am not sure how to achieve this . . . I really would appreciate assistance.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ute,

There are a couple of options to create the association you mention

Aside from these methods of assigning a relationship, you may want to think about how this data gets structured in a database.  ArcGIS Supports creating explicitly defined relationships between a feature class and another, which helps to browse data like you describe.  See Benefits of relationship classes—Help | ArcGIS Desktop for more information.

0 Kudos
UteMorisse
New Contributor

Good afternoon

Thanks a million, I have created a dropdown list but I prefer the URL method . . . I will give it a bash

I will try all your options to see which is best . . . one more thing

We have three stand parcels that actually belong as one parcel, is there a way that the field workers could merge or create one parcel around them to indicate that all three parcels are supplied by the same meter. It would be an operational cadaster? I haven’t started this processes but maybe you can advise me . . .

Much appreciated you are a darling . .

Regards

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ute,

That sort of margin process isn't currently within Survey123's capabilities - in general, we would think that it is best done through a QA process that likely occurs in the back office.  That being said, the form could be designed to have the ability to enter multiple parcels via a repeat to denote that they are serviced by the one meter.

0 Kudos