How can I make the public survey editable using url parameter?

a week ago
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, 

I am developing a survey that targets multiple users, and for that reason it needs to be public.

We want users to come back to edit their submitted information at some point so I hope to utilize the edit URL.

1. I added Edit URL on the thank you page, but it does not show after I submitted the survey as a public user.

KerryKang_1-1714073339795.png

2. If I copied the Edit URL and pasted in the window, it gives me this error (public user) while I could get into the editing mode when I logged in.

KerryKang_0-1714070852963.png

The edit functionality is critical as we don't want users to submit a new records due to small changes in the information. Is there way I can somehow allow public users to edit the existing information using the specific url?

Thank you.

Kerry

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @KerryKang

In the Collaborate tab of the Survey123 website, for the "What can submitters do?" option is it set to at least "Add and update records (read access enabled)"? By default Survey123 will set "Only add new records" which would mean your public users would be able to submit but not edit. 

ZacharySutherby_0-1714074143473.png

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @ZacharySuter 

Yes, it's set to the second option 'Add and update records'. Is it supposed to work then? (mine did not work).

The survey was built  from Survey123 connect directly, so the hosted feature layer is shared publicly and flagged as Public Data Collection.

Thank you.

Kerry

0 Kudos