How come my survey appears compressed on my tablet when it appears great in Survey 123 Connect?

10-04-2019 09:00 AM
RobertGeitner
New Contributor III

I created a survey in Grid View, but I removed the the 'grid view' in the settings tab on the style column after I saw what it looked like on my tablet.  The new survey I published, although not a grid view, still has compressed columns so the survey looks sporadic.  Is there any way I can just publish a survey from Connect that will look the same on my tablet?

Also, how is it possible calculations in Connect function properly, but once I publish the survey they do not work on my tablet?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Robert,

When using grid theme you have to design your survey with the device you plan to use it on in mind, and whether it will be landscape or portrait. The number of columns you set in the grid will determine how well it fits on a device screen. In Connect when you view it mostly you are looking at your form in landscape, unless you change the bezel on the form preview, however I see from your image that on the iPad you have it in portrait.

You should be able to make it look the same in Connect and the field app if you use the correct bezel to try and show how it will look on a device. It is a matter of adjusting your grid these settings and questions to fit best.

Phil.