How to add bind::esri:parameters column to older ArcGIS Survey123 Connect xslx forms?

01-11-2024 08:11 AM
GISManager4
Occasional Contributor

I have several survey123 forms that were created in an older version of ArcGIS Survey123 Connect and want to be able to use the bind::esri:parameters column to the existing xslx document.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

In Connect, there's an option to update the form and will it convert the XLS form to the latest version. You can also just add the column manually and as long as the column name is spelled correctly, the application will recognize it and honor the settings. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
GISManager4
Occasional Contributor

I cannot find the option in Connect to update the form, but I was able to copy and paste values of the column into the old form. If you could show me where the option to update is, that would help?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I highlighted it in red in my post.  Under Tools.   You probably need to go update your Connect here. https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-survey123/downloads 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Is your Connect up to date? Older Connects don't have this option.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You can literally just add the column and it will work.

But also if you upgrade your Connect there is now a way to update in there.

DougBrowning_0-1704989746738.png

I also posted the old school way to do it somewhere.  Basically start a new form, copy paste values! column by column, save, then swap out the xlxs in the folder.

hope that helps

0 Kudos