How to make the mobile survey123 app center geopoint question with url?

11-02-2023 05:39 AM
WerkstudentMourik
New Contributor

Dear all,

For my company we have a webmap with multiple layers with point, lines and polygons.
We made a survey with Survey123 Connect and we would like to open this survey with an url from the popup of the objects in the webmap. 

The url looks like this: "arcgis-survey123://?itemID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&center={expression/expr0},{expression/expr1}" where the expressions are arcade expressions wherein the center of the object is calculated. 

When I test this on my laptop it works perfectly and the survey geopoint question centers on the selected object (points, lines and polygons). But when I test it on my Android phone(which will be used in practise) the geopoint question with a given center is overwritten with the current location of the device. 

Is there any way to prevent the survey from overwriting the given center with the device location?

Thanks in advance,
Aad

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @WerkstudentMourik

Set the appearance for the geopoint question to press-to-locate, this will allow the center URL parameter to set the location before the devices location. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos