How to pull the exif data from first photo in repeat with multi-image option?

11-20-2023 09:09 AM
TL2
by
Occasional Contributor III

I have a repeat and within the repeat the option to take multiple photos.

I would like to retrieve lat/long of the location of the photos (basically the location of that repeat), the first photo will work.

This is a table so I can't grab the location data.  Everything I have tried either saves the first photo exif for all repeats or overwrites them every time with the last photo.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

As noted in this blog post, that is not supported. Specifically: Note that photos in the repeat table have attributes to extract their direction, latitude, longitude and even a user-entered description of the photo. Storing all these attributes for every one of the photos would not be possible using the multiline appearance in the image question. This is what justifies the use of the repeat.

I did try to set something up, but I really just confirmed that it doesn't work:

abureaux_0-1700517384575.png

It will work for the first repeat item. But all subsequent repeat items will have empty calculates. Removing the calculationMode=whenEmpty will have the EXIF calculations work, but only for single photos (which is their intended behaviour).

I'd suggest the easy way out, and just add a geopoint question to the repeat, and extract lat-long from that.

0 Kudos