Image and Audio question types not honoring set rules that apply to them?

04-20-2023 11:12 PM
DerekPhyn
Occasional Contributor

Hello from New Zealand,

Is anybody else having issues with S123 3.17 web designed forms where Image and Audio question types (not sure about other Media and File question types) are not honoring rules from other questions that have been set for them? Here is my example...

If a user answers a Select One type question in my survey then the following rules have been set for subsequent questions:

DerekPhyn_0-1682056968666.png

Q7. 'Take a Photo' and Q9. 'Tell us more (if you want)' are supposed to show if 'Yes' is selected, and while the other question types honor the rule, these two don't and remain hidden....

DerekPhyn_1-1682057336852.png

The issues occur both in the design preview and with the published survey on any device on any browser. This survey will not be used on the field app and it is intended to be public.

Is this another Set Rule bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Derek

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharySutherby
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @DerekPhyn

This issue came from our 3.17 April update that released earlier this week. The issue has been logged as BUG-000157639 and is planned to be addressed in a hotfix next week. The fix is currently available on https://survey123beta.arcgis.com. 

Thank you,
Zach
0 Kudos
DickieRigdon
New Contributor III

@ZacharySutherby  Same issue just started with our Survey123 form that we were about to make public.  If I open our current form in the beta version should it now work there or do I need to redevelop the entire form all over again in the beta version and then publish? Thanks, Dickie

0 Kudos
DerekPhyn
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @ZacharySutherby,

I'm assuming all the question types will be tested for honoring the Set rule function before the hotfix release?

Unfortunately, issues with questions not honoring the set rule function is not a new thing with new S123 releases (Choice Filter Rule Not Being Honored on Attachment... - Esri CommunityWhat's New in ArcGIS Survey123 (December 2021) (esri.com)).

These issues halt devel and can break surveys in production, causing much frustration and risk for ESRI customers. I struggle to understand how such basic functionality is not picked up in testing before the launch of new releases? I may just be a lone voice way down in the South Pacific but is it too much to ask ESRI to put more rigor in to testing before launching new releases?

Thanks

Derek

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DerekPhyn ,

The fix to this issue is available on the Survey123 website now. Thanks again for your feedback!

Also, thank you for the suggestion, we will take this as a chance to enhance our testing workflow and make the product better.

Thanks,

Zhifang

0 Kudos