List of choices for a question dropping off?

05-16-2017 04:22 AM
RadoslawCylwik
New Contributor III

Is there a way in Survey123 to have a list of choices for a question that has answers drop off as they're selected in a survey.  I'm thinking of having a list of addresses that are surveyed and the address choices available would be ones that have not been selected yet.  Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Radoslaw,

How is your survey structured?  Are you using repeats to record the information on addresses? 

0 Kudos
RadoslawCylwik
New Contributor III

James,

Thank you for your reply.  I am first using a select_one question for an area and then based on that selection (choice_filter) I am using a dropdown using select_one_external from a separate list of addresses.

What I'm trying to accomplish is for an address, once surveyed, to be dropped off of the list of choices for the next survey.  Not sure if that is possible by somehow marking an address as "complete" in the spreadsheet.

Thanks in advance.

Radoslaw

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the explanation.  Right now there isn't a mechanism to pass information from a previous survey to a subsequent one to accomplish something like that.  An alternative would be to have records prepopulated for the places to be surveyed and use the editing/Inbox functionality to select one, fill in the survey and then submit- the address would be removed from the Inbox.  Whether this would work well depends on how many points you have- there is a performance degradation for downloading a large number of features into the inbox.

0 Kudos
RadoslawCylwik
New Contributor III

Ok. That helps, thank you. I am using quite a long list, so this would probably not be an ideal solution. Thank you for your input.

Thanks,

Rad

0 Kudos