Location Inaccessible error while the location setting is on

01-09-2023 09:15 AM
YukoYokozawa
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Some of my users complained they get the Location Error popup all the time. They are using PC and I told them to turn on the location service but it was already on. I let them re-install Survey123 but didn't solve the issue. Is there a solution to this problem?

7 Replies
DonovanC
New Contributor III

Hi Yuko,

We are a running into the same issue as well.  What version of Survey123 are you running? We updated to the latest version and this is when the problem started.

0 Kudos
josevaldes1
Occasional Contributor

Hi, i also have the problem when update to the last version.

0 Kudos
cdevault_pickett
New Contributor III

I am also experiencing this. Does your Location Inaccessible error keep popping up so you end up having to click Close several times? However, if I view Location Status in Survey123 it shows location information. 

0 Kudos
AlisonOBrien
Esri Contributor

@cdevault_pickett , @josevaldes1 , @DonovanC , @YukoYokozawa 

Which version of Windows are you using?

0 Kudos
DonovanC
New Contributor III

We are running Windows 10 Enterprise. The reason I believe it was not working for us was there was a registry key and the value was set to deny for location. Once it was set to allow the location services worked for us on the Windows application of Survey123. This was only affecting the newer builds of Survey123

0 Kudos
cdevault_pickett
New Contributor III

Not sure how I managed to miss these notifications. Also Windows 10 Enterprise here as well.

0 Kudos
DonovanC
New Contributor III

Hi @AlisonOBrien ,

We are now seeing the issues using Windows 11 and newer builds of Survey123

0 Kudos