Map preview not available

01-07-2016 09:11 AM
JosephPeters1
Esri Contributor

Has anyone encountered a "Map preview not available" message in a geopoint field when accessing a survey on a mobile device? I'm getting this message on an iPhone 6 and an iPad Air. Location services are enabled and I can still collect a GPS point, but I don't see a map. The same survey works ok on an iPhone 6 Plus. Just curious if anyone else has encountered this message and if anyone has any tips for resolving it. Thanks! PS - this is cool technology!

0 Kudos
15 Replies
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III

Both devices are on the cell/mobile network (two different network to test). 

There's a possibility it has  to do with the version of Survey Connect being used.  Could that cause the problem?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Peter,

really strange. Connect should not be at play here. Please open a Tech Support incident so we can get to the bottom of it. Fasil Tiru

Ismael

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Peter,

If you can share your survey with us, I will be more than happy to troubleshoot this for you. Please go to C:\Users\your_username\ArcGIS\My Survey Designs, zip your survey, and upload it here. I will publish the survey in my organization and test it on multiple devices. Can you also tell me what version of Survey123 Connect you are using?

Thanks,

Fasil

0 Kudos
PeterTimmers
Occasional Contributor III

Looking at the Map Settings, the Default Map Type is disabled.  You can't change to anything.

We worked around the issue by taking the Excel sheet out and redoing the project.

We're on version 1.2.12 of Connect.  Though will upgrade to 1.2.18 today.

Not sure how to upload a zip of the project anywhere for you to look at if you're still wanting to.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

It's possible that something went wrong with the configuration of that original survey. Anyway, I am glad that you were able to resolve the issue by re-creating it.

I am still curious if I can reproduce the same issue with that survey though. To upload the file, click on 'Use Advanced editor' option > and there will be 'Attach' button at the bottom right corner.

Thanks,

Fasil

NormanOrellana
New Contributor

Hello Peter, 

I was watching this error, I have one similar in my survey, did you fix it ?

0 Kudos