Multiple Choice Question from list, if selected add a integer field

07-14-2023 09:24 AM
Lake_Worth_BeachAdmin
Occasional Contributor III

I have a select_mulitple question with a small list of "repair types". The user can select more than one type of repair thats needed at the site. I want to add a integer field next to each selected answer. for example if the user selects "type 1" and "type 2" then an integer field would appear asking for a number associated (square feet of the estimated repair) for each respective repair type.

right now there is a single integer field at the bottom of the form for the entire repair but they would like to break it out individually if possible. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

What you'll need to do for this is have a hidden question for each repair type that asks for the associated number, and then they would become visible if the user selects that type.

I definitely recommend reviewing this post that explains the difference between the relevant and the body::esri:visible columns in the XLS form, so you can choose which one is more appropriate for your survey workflow. 

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/survey123-tricks-of-the-trade-hidden-relevant-an...

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos