Not able to generate a list based on csv file

Jump to solution
07-26-2023 07:14 AM
OumaimaBoukamel95
New Contributor II

Hello ! 

I am trying to upload a list from my csv file uploaded in my media folder. 

This has worked before, but the app doesn't seem able to read the csv file properly. 

Here is what i get on survey123 : 

OumaimaBoukamel95_0-1690380709023.png

And the number of times label appears seem to match with the number of lines. 

This doesn't work either with pulldata(). 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is often a special char or some other formatting issue with the CSV.  Look for that.  Often using notepad vs excel lets you see them better.  If you do not see it then post the csv and the calling line from the form.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is often a special char or some other formatting issue with the CSV.  Look for that.  Often using notepad vs excel lets you see them better.  If you do not see it then post the csv and the calling line from the form.

0 Kudos
OumaimaBoukamel95
New Contributor II

Thanks a lot for your response ! Indeed, my csv were separated by ; instead of , .  It sort of work now.

Now i have another issue : this question is supposed to select villages, but i am not getting the list of villages with duplicates. How can i remove duplicates from the list ? Many thanks again for your help

OumaimaBoukamel95_0-1690386615785.png

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
OumaimaBoukamel95
New Contributor II

I do not have the colunb allow_choice_duplicates, at my level : 

OumaimaBoukamel95_0-1690396390869.png

Does it mean i do not have the right survey 123 version ? or can i just add this ?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You may have an older 123 version.  You can add the column manually though.  Download the latest Connect.

You could also try the new upgrade form option but be careful there!

Is it also possible to clean up your list?  My guess is that is a pain

0 Kudos
OumaimaBoukamel95
New Contributor II

Thank you so much for your feedback. Simply added the column allow_choice_duplicates and putting 'yes' didn't work. I also tried to download the app again. 

My media dataset is a list of households living in villages (potentially several households per villages), and i would like the enumerator to select the villages and then the farmers among the list of farmers in the village. 

A work around could be to generate a list of unique village separated from the list of farmers, and then use 'matches' right ? 

Thank you again for your support this is super helpful 

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think you want to set it to no though right?  You don't want duplicates I thought. 

0 Kudos