Once I start a survey and it becomes an active layer within Arc/GIS Online, is there a way for me to add data to the survey table from an exisiting database?

08-02-2016 07:29 AM
KyleRosenberg
New Contributor II

Seem I am having trouble adding data to a a Survey123 generated databse.  Is there a way to add data from an existing database (XLS/CSV etc) to an database generated from a Survey123 survey?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

ArcGIS Pro works real well for adding data to a feature service created with Survey123.

--gary

0 Kudos
KyleRosenberg
New Contributor II

Does Arc GIS Pro work within Arc GIS Online or desktop?

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

Desktop

0 Kudos
KyleRosenberg
New Contributor II

Ok, Thank you.  This is my first time thru with Survey123 and Portal so I will be on a steep learning curve.  Appreciate your comments Gary!

0 Kudos
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

Is there another way besides ArcGIS Pro? My company has not implemented ArcGIS Pro, yet.  And, I have some users that don't have the GIS experience to learn Pro. 

It would be great if there was some way to do this in AGOL.

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Terry, 

Do you have access to ArcMap? Data can be added by bulk to the Survey123 feature service by Making a local copy of a feature service for editing—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Users can add points individually to a Survey123 feature service through any Editing apps/Web Map viewer in ArcGIS Online.

Carmel

0 Kudos
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

I do have access to ArcMap, but I cannot make this a local database as others may be working in the feature layer at the same time.

It may be helpful to explain what I'm trying to do...

Monthly we will be identifying some data features that need to be "audited".  The first month is not a problem because that will be the initial database.  However, starting in month 2-n I'd like to be able to add additional data features to the list.  I cannot make this database private because others will be accessing the data and updating the status for existing data features.  I don't want to create a separate database for each month because I'd like to be able to show progress by month, year to date, etc.

0 Kudos
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Terry, 

I think I understand what you mean but I'm getting confused by your terminology - When you say you want to 'add additional data features to the list', do you mean add actual points on the map or do you mean add more attributes? Is this one by one, or by bulk?

Would you be able to explain your workflow using a real example?

Carmel

0 Kudos
TerryIffland
Occasional Contributor

I don't have real data yet, but in general - I will have a set of data points if a feature layer that will be audited. I will have a person go to the field to visit and review that data point and update information about that data point.  I need the ability to add additional data points to the same feature layer that will go through the same audit cycle.  The addition of data points will occur monthly. 

0 Kudos