Power Automate Dynamic Content missing date fields

Jump to solution
03-09-2023 07:40 AM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I created a simple form through the web designer that included two date questions. Power Automate is not showing those fields in the dynamic content. 

MikeOnzay_2-1678376293734.png

Here are the fields in the form:

MikeOnzay_3-1678376339119.png

From Hosted feature layer:

MikeOnzay_1-1678376186695.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @MikeOnzay 

Thanks for raising this issue with us. I was just testing this and I found whether date questions appear in dynamic content depends on the "end location".

For example, I was able to use dates in the subject of an email but not the body. This appears therefore to be a Power Automate limitation and not a Survey123 issue.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @MikeOnzay 

Thanks for raising this issue with us. I was just testing this and I found whether date questions appear in dynamic content depends on the "end location".

For example, I was able to use dates in the subject of an email but not the body. This appears therefore to be a Power Automate limitation and not a Survey123 issue.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

Thought about it a little longer and I remembered that it is possible to include content that doesn't appear in the dynamic content. In this post from 2018, in the section "Handling Dynamic Content from Survey123. A few tips", it describes how to include hidden content. In PA, I set a variable and initialized a variable with an expression to convert the UNIX time to readable time. 

addseconds('1970-1-1', Div(triggerBody()?['feature']?['attributes']?['closing_date'],1000) , 'yyyy-MM-dd')

This allows the content to be added to the email body. 

MikeOnzay_0-1678382459799.png

Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

@MikeOnzay Thanks for posting this follow up comment. It will be useful for other users who find this thread as well as me.

0 Kudos
TheGeneralissimo
New Contributor

@MikeOnzay  and @Richard_Purkis, I'm using the 

addseconds('1970-1-1', Div(triggerBody()?['feature']?['attributes']?['closing_date'],1000) , 'yyyy-MM-dd')

suggested by @MikeOnzay , but I'm still getting the wrong date (August 28, 5217 while it should be February 16, 2024). Have you seen anything similar? Any suggestions?

TheGeneralissimo_0-1708112300093.png

0 Kudos