Printing using a custom template

11-01-2017 03:25 AM
MarcHoogerwerf
Occasional Contributor

I'm trying to print a survey using a custom template. After configuring the template and saving it, it appears under the Custom Print (Beta) section. However, when clicking the Print icon, it turns into a spinning arrows but nothing happens, even after 10minutes, it's still spinning.

So as a next step, I've downloaded the default template, saved it on disk, and without changing anything in the file, uploaded it again. Same thing happens after clicking the print icon.

Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
11 Replies
BrandonArmstrong
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Marc,

I was unable to reproduce the issue related to inconsistent referencing of templates when selecting the Edit icon from the Operations options.  Each time I uploaded a new template, and then selected it for editing from the 'Configure custom print templates' menu, the appropriate template was referenced.  That is not to say that you are not encountering it on your end.

As for the hanging related to report generation, there have been other instances reported when images within repeats are involved.  This behavior has already been logged as the following defect, and you can check its status using your My Esri account.

BUG-000107270 - On the Survey123.arcgis.com website, the custom print function sometimes hangs endle...

This may also be relevant for the behavior encountered by NDierksQSI

Please continue testing over the next few weeks, as the website is periodically updated.

Brandon

0 Kudos
MarcHoogerwerf
Occasional Contributor

Hi Brandon,

Thanks. Will do a bit more of testing. The original survey was taken from an existing feature service. I will try to create one from scratch and test if that works with and without images in repeats and then create another survey based on that new service and see if there's any difference. As the attachment HSE_Visit 2 Report in my previous message shows, I have been successful once with images in a repeat.

0 Kudos