Pushing coordinates to a geopoint question pulled from a geocode question only works for the first repeat

Jump to solution
10-11-2023 08:14 PM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I have a form with a repeat that contains both an address question using the geocode appearance and a geopoint question that accepts the coordinates pulled from the address question. After publishing the form from Connect and submitting a record with different addresses for 3 repeats, the dashboard only shows the map coordinates from the first repeat. The other repeats show coordinates of 0,0.

Isn't each repeat record allowed to have its own geopoint?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeOnzay

@abureaux I mistyped in my original post. Instead of dashboard I should have said map in the survey. I'm following the "Storing the location of an address as a point geometry" section in this post about storing geopoints from using the geocode appearance.

I have since discovered the real reason it returns 0,0: one of our locators is not returning the full JSON like the ArcGIS World Geocoding locator does. This is what it returns:

{"address":"111 MARYLAND AVE","location":{"y":0,"x":0},"attributes":{},"score":-1,"extent":{},"spatialReference":{},"searchText":"111 MARYLAND AVE","candidates":[{"address":"111 MARYLAND AVE","location":{"y":0,"x":0},"attributes":{},"score":-1,"extent":{},"spatialReference":{}}]}

How should our local locators be configured to return the full JSON as it does from the ArcGIS World Geocoding locator?

UPDATE: only one of our local locators is not returning the proper JSON. I can use a different locator. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I don't believe so. But you can use calculates to pull the relevant x,y data from the geopoint for each repeat item.

Here are some relevant geopoint calculates:

abureaux_0-1697121399139.png

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

@abureaux ESRI Support confirmed that each repeat record can have its own geopoint. My issue appears to be more of a time out issue. In our testing on the support call, sometimes the second or third pulldata call would bring in the x,y and sometimes it wouldn't. Our organization locator is a composite locator with 4 different locators. The last one is the ESRI World Geocoding Service. 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Sorry, when I said "I don't believe so", I was thinking about your comment of only the first x,y plotting in the dashboard. I thought that was expected behaviour where S123 only plots the first location. James talks about multiple geopoints here. Essentially, you use calculates (like I have above) to extract the x,y data from all of the geopoints. You should be able to get these multiple points to plot on a regular web map, but, again, I don't believe it's possible to have them all plot onto the S123 dashboard*.

Esri support is correct, you can definitely have a geopoint inside of a repeat.

*By "dashboard", you mean this, correct?

abureaux_0-1697465770616.png

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

@abureaux I mistyped in my original post. Instead of dashboard I should have said map in the survey. I'm following the "Storing the location of an address as a point geometry" section in this post about storing geopoints from using the geocode appearance.

I have since discovered the real reason it returns 0,0: one of our locators is not returning the full JSON like the ArcGIS World Geocoding locator does. This is what it returns:

{"address":"111 MARYLAND AVE","location":{"y":0,"x":0},"attributes":{},"score":-1,"extent":{},"spatialReference":{},"searchText":"111 MARYLAND AVE","candidates":[{"address":"111 MARYLAND AVE","location":{"y":0,"x":0},"attributes":{},"score":-1,"extent":{},"spatialReference":{}}]}

How should our local locators be configured to return the full JSON as it does from the ArcGIS World Geocoding locator?

UPDATE: only one of our local locators is not returning the proper JSON. I can use a different locator. 

0 Kudos