Pushing Survey Data to ArgGIS Online Possible?

07-15-2016 01:55 PM
RonKnepper
Occasional Contributor II

I am curious if this is possible or I would create issues for myself. 

We usually get a survey up and running then go out for a few days/weeks on a pilot project collecting data.  This is added we want in our final results. Then we make updates as needed to the survey which often mean changing around the schema (adding/removing/renaming).  I know we can keep it separate then later deal with combining but I would kinda like it all online together.

I was thinking after I pulled my pilot fgdb I would make my needed updates to my survey and republish (which would clear out my old data).  I could then export out my new fgdb and populate it in ArcMap with my pilot fgdb data then fill in any needed data for new fields (we often find we need to collect another piece of data which doesn't need an entire new assessment compelted).  After I have my fgdb updated in ArcMap I would publish it back to the same location as the new survey feature service thus giving me the survey with the original data on AGO?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Why not just append the data directly to the new AGO Hosted Feature Service?  You can use append in arcmap or the ArcREST toolbox has a tool for this.

CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Further to Doug's comment, if you are working with images, this blog​ has a section which shows how to append the data and preserve attachments.

0 Kudos