Read only fields not displaying in Survey when editing from Inbox

Jump to solution
11-01-2017 12:05 PM
TonyGroeneveld2
New Contributor III

I have created a survey that is preloaded with data from our enterprising data base. The survey is setup to use the inbox. The user can pick an existing survey from the inbox and edit a subset of the fields in the data. There are some fields that I want to display for contextual information but do not want the user to have the ability to change. If I set the readonly property to 'yes'; the data is not displayed. 

How do I get read only data to display on the form when editing an existing survey?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelKelly
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Tony. This is currently an open issue, but I believe it is being addressed in the next release (2.5). You can participate in the Early Adopter Program if you want to test it out.

The only workaround that I am aware of is to make the field you want to make read-only a hidden field, and then calculate it into a note field.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MichaelKelly

Hi Tony. This is currently an open issue, but I believe it is being addressed in the next release (2.5). You can participate in the Early Adopter Program if you want to test it out.

The only workaround that I am aware of is to make the field you want to make read-only a hidden field, and then calculate it into a note field.

0 Kudos
TonyGroeneveld2
New Contributor III

Thanks. I was able to get that to work. Here is the relevant columns that you need to populate in the survey123 spreadsheet.

type

name

label

readonly

calculation

bind::esri:fieldType

bind::esri:fieldLength

hidden

Unitid

UnitId

esriFieldTypeString

text

Unitid_display

Unit Id:

yes

${UnitId}

null

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Tony,

Michael is correct- this will be addressed with the 2.5 release a bit later this month.

0 Kudos
TonyGroeneveld2
New Contributor III

Great looking forward to the new release

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

James Tedrick‌ Has this been addressed? I just downloaded v 3.0.132 and I'm still not seeing pre-populated data in my read-only text fields. Interestingly, the read-only data in my decimal fields IS displaying (and read-only).

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Allison,

Yes, this should be addressed.  Can you share the XLS file? 

0 Kudos
AllisonMuise1

sent via email

0 Kudos