Read-Only Questions Look Editable

02-27-2024 06:24 PM
MappingMoose
New Contributor II

Hi all,

When configuring read-only questions in Survey123 Connect a lot of the time they look like they are editable because they still display what looks like a response field under the question (ever so slightly greyed out box).

I've found I can prevent this by setting the appearance to compact if it is an open text field or by using note fields and hiding the actual fields etc., but I was wondering if there's a simpler way to go about it for non-text questions like integer or decimal?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Not that I am aware of. Drop-downs are (visually) also bad for that since the drop-down remains.

In the end, so long as items are not editable, I try not to worry about it.

You can always submit an idea that "read only" items are visually consistent/obvious. This has been something that has crossed my mind several times in the past.

DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think one of the reasons for this was so copy/paste is not blocked on these fields.  I had requested it long ago I think.

0 Kudos
MappingMoose
New Contributor II

I have found that with either presentation of the read only question, copy/paste is blocked on both the mobile app and the desktop app. It does allow highlighting of the value, but nothing further.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Well yep can no longer copy.  Bummer.  I do not think there is any way to make it different unless you change to a note type.