Selectable map feature in a survey123

Jump to solution
03-10-2024 08:27 PM
JohnMorgan
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

Is it possible to use a map survey question where the participant selects features on the survey question map and submits those features selected? For instance, selecting three buildings that meet specific criteria. If so, can you please let me know how to configure this?

Thanks, 

Derek

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Essentially you'd:

1. Set up a Web Map to contain all your desired layers and look the way you want
  2. Select the layer you are interested in (your Web Map may have more than one layer) and then build a popup for it using the "Web form URL parameters" as a guide on formatting the URL. The layer you are building this popup for will provide the data that populates the S123 questions.
  3. Build an Experience (aka, use Experience Builder) your new web map
  4. Deploy the Experience

Now, users can access the Experience and launch into S123 via the web map.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

This would work best using either Field Maps or a Web Map to start your survey and then launch into Survey123.

Check out these resources:

0 Kudos
JohnMorgan
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the response and info. It makes sense to integrate with other apps such as Field Maps or a Web Map. I was hoping for the functionality to be able to add a selectable map feature to Survey123. 

Thanks, Derek

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Sorry, I neglected to mention pulldata(@layer). That may also be of interest to you.

0 Kudos
JohnMorgan
Occasional Contributor

Okay, I think I understand. Could I, for instance, use the "data-centric" widget in Experience Bilder on a map or within a Survey123 survey?

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Essentially you'd:

1. Set up a Web Map to contain all your desired layers and look the way you want
  2. Select the layer you are interested in (your Web Map may have more than one layer) and then build a popup for it using the "Web form URL parameters" as a guide on formatting the URL. The layer you are building this popup for will provide the data that populates the S123 questions.
  3. Build an Experience (aka, use Experience Builder) your new web map
  4. Deploy the Experience

Now, users can access the Experience and launch into S123 via the web map.

JohnMorgan
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your feedback. This makes sense and solves my issue. 

Cheers,

Derek

0 Kudos