Stakeholder view?

3 weeks ago
spf999
by
New Contributor II

Hello, 

I have a Survey123 form setup for Chain of Custody purposes. Each field office involved has their own form that was built off their respective feature layers that were created from the original form's feature layer. I want each field office to only be able to see and edit their own submissions in their respective forms.  However, after several submissions, I see all the forms for each office being populated with the responses from one field office.

It was recommended to me to delete each feature layer associated with each field office and connect the submission URL to the original feature layer and use the query expression Collection_Office="field office name here". I was told this would create a stakeholder view and solve my issue, but it has not. 

How do I ensure each office can only see and edit their own data, yet still populate the original form without populating all the forms? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

How are the "respective feature layers" being created? Are they view layers, all connected to the original source?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
spf999
by
New Contributor II

Hi Josh, 

Yes, they are all created via the original source. I created a view layer using the create view layer feature in my original (USFWS Non-QAPP Shipping Chain of Custody Feature Layer (hosted)). I filtered for collection office and entered the desired office for each respective layer. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If they're all showing the updated record count, I would double check the view definitions, particularly the filters. You should be able to put an attribute filter on each view, if you haven't already.

If you have a filter, could the field be coming in as null? A filter for "Collection_Office = 'some office'
would miss any nulls. Double check your per-office forms, too, make sure that the forms fill the collection office field with the appropriate value as a hidden auto-calculate field.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Is there a functional need for them to all be a single Feature Layer? You insinuate that they are technically different forms that fulfill a similar purpose. If they could be separate forms, that would technically solve your issue.

That said, assuming there is a functional need for them to all be one Feature Layer, that is some good advice. Setting up a single Feature Layer and using layer views for editors would be the play. Have you seen this?

0 Kudos