Start/End Field Types within a Repeat

01-05-2017 10:12 AM
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

We have a survey where we are tracking time spent to complete the survey by using the Start & End field types. We have placed them in the main survey and also within a repeat that collects individual task information. When i reviewed the test data, the Start and End time worked perfect for the fields within the main survey, but the start and end times within the repeat were always the same. I made sure as i filled out the repeat tasks that i took more than 2 minutes for each task to be entered into the survey.

Is this the expected result from adding the Start/End field types within a repeat?

Thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gary,

Yes, this is the current expected behavior for end time with repeats.  Conceptually, end time is more problematic with repeats than the parent form- there's no defining final event with a repeat (as data submission is for the entire form); they can always be revisited/edited before form submission.

0 Kudos
GaryBowles1
Occasional Contributor III

Can't the end time be related to hitting the plus sign and adding a new record to the child table? Then, when the last record is added to the repeat, the parent form submission can be used for the final record end time if the plus sign is not hit. Only the end time for the final record in the child table may be off a bit, but for the purposes of my survey it would be fine as the repeat is the last thing to get filled out.

Also, if a parent form is saved as draft and then opened again for editing, is the start time going to be the initial open or the second open for the edit? Similarly, how does the start time work on and edited repeat?

Thanks,

--gary

0 Kudos