Stop S123 to use current location

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
KenBouchard
New Contributor III

I'm having an issue where I have responders picking locations for their agricultural fields.   It is a big survey form and it have it set to draft mode capabilities.

If the responder want to stop doing the survey, close its browser and open it later, everything will be remembered BUT the location will be recalculated to their current location.  When someone entered 50+ fields, it's really frustrating to lose all of this work.

One way I've found was to change the settings of the browser to not use location.  But, as the survey is public, I feel it's not really an option to ask every responders (unknown to us) to change their browser settings.

Is there a way to stop S123 doing automatic location and waiting for the responder to click on the map?

Thanks

Ken

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Does the "press-to-locate" geopoint appearance work with browser? If so, that could help.

More on Calculation Mode here. Very similar to what Doug mentioned, but you could also consider calculationMode=whenEmpty.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I am not sure it works for geopoint questions but I would test setting calculationMode=manual in the bind::esri:parameters column.

Hopefully that works.  I normally have issues where from drafts refuses to recalc things so bit surprised it is doing that.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Does the "press-to-locate" geopoint appearance work with browser? If so, that could help.

More on Calculation Mode here. Very similar to what Doug mentioned, but you could also consider calculationMode=whenEmpty.

KenBouchard
New Contributor III

CalculationModes don't work with the geopoint questions.

As recommended by abureaux. I've used the "press-to-locate" geopoint appearance.  If the user don't click on the map when he comes back to the form, it will keep the saved location.

It's not perfect, but it does the job!

Thanks

Ken

0 Kudos