Survey 123 Choice Filter Issues

Jump to solution
03-27-2024 08:19 AM
emoreno
New Contributor III

Hello ESRI community!

I am having an issue with my choice filter in Survey123, and I was wondering if anyone had insight as to what the problem may be. My goal is to have a customer select their competition area and have the appropriate packages appear based on their selection in the next question, but nothing appears after I fill out the choice filter column. I also followed the steps in this documentation and tried using different formatting in the choice filter, such as competition_area =${competition_area_select} where I got the same issue. I am using Survey123 Connect version 3.19.116. Any insight is appreciated, and I've attached screenshots below. Thank you!

emoreno_2-1711552155480.png

emoreno_3-1711552170681.png

emoreno_0-1711551755680.pngemoreno_1-1711551864124.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You need to be match the name column not the label.  Label is just the friendly name but the name column is what is actually stored in the data.

DougBrowning_0-1711552925239.png

So change your A in column competition_area so area_a.  Or better yet just make the name and label the same.  It is way less confusing going forward. 

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You need to be match the name column not the label.  Label is just the friendly name but the name column is what is actually stored in the data.

DougBrowning_0-1711552925239.png

So change your A in column competition_area so area_a.  Or better yet just make the name and label the same.  It is way less confusing going forward. 

Hope that helps

emoreno
New Contributor III

Didn't realize it was so simple, thank you! Would you happen to know if there was a way for the different packages to show up based on a hidden text question? For example, a customer inputs their address which populates a hidden question with A, B, or C using the pulldata function, and the different packages appear based on that hidden question?

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

In theory but you may run into the issue where the list loads before pulldata does.  If you add a relevant so that the list does not appear until they pick the first option that may work.

emoreno
New Contributor III

I was able to test this out and it appears to be running appropriately. Thank you for your assistance!