Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey 123 Webform error with .csv pulldata - Unable to auto-detect delimiting character

Jump to solution
07-25-2018 08:42 AM
jonathanharte
New Contributor III

Hi Guys,

Any heads up appreciated...

I have a survey123 form and it works (so far) well in the mobile app on iOS, the same form however on the Web Browser app in IE and Chrome fails to load with an error while accessing the content of a .csv file

this is the IE file error

The error in chrome

Chrome ErrorThe auth.csv below  file is as example - it only has commas as the delimiter....   I'm using this calculate on a username Type to lookup the csv file find a user and update their Authority field.

pulldata('auth','authority','name',${username})
Auth.csv

authority,name

A,AA

B,BB

C,CC

any ideas or direction hugely appreciated

Cheers

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jonathon,

I had a look at your survey and csv file, and the issue appears to be caused by an extra line that exists in your auth.csv file. If you open the csv in a text editor (such as Notepad++) you will see an extra line that has no data in it (line 10). The field app appears to ignore this null line, but the web app is more sensitive to this null line: 

After I remove this line the web app loads your survey correctly without error.

Phil.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Johnathon,

Was the survey originally published via Connect? Can you provide a copy of the xlsx form file and also any related csv files in media folder so we can take a further look.

Phil.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jonathon,

I had a look at your survey and csv file, and the issue appears to be caused by an extra line that exists in your auth.csv file. If you open the csv in a text editor (such as Notepad++) you will see an extra line that has no data in it (line 10). The field app appears to ignore this null line, but the web app is more sensitive to this null line: 

After I remove this line the web app loads your survey correctly without error.

Phil.

0 Kudos
jonathanharte
New Contributor III

Thanks a mil Phil, sometimes the obvious is not so obvious 😞

Works a treat, thanks for taking the time to look at this for me ....  I'd be lost without this facility and the like of you guys supporting it.

Cheers