Survey Does Not Exist Error

01-24-2018 10:20 AM
deleted-user-nnmARJ6J4bfP
New Contributor II

Since I have updated to the latest version on Survey 123 I am unable to use a form that I created a month ago. It allows me to publish it, but it won't let me summit an entry. When in go to my Survey 123 online i get an error message that says "The survey does not exist or is not accessible. " despite having the thumbnail icon for me to click one.

0 Kudos
64 Replies
DanielKonzek
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ajeng,

I also had ESRI Support looking into this error with no resolution.  We got as far as discovering that the forminfo.json file was the issue (although it had no noticeable variation from a working version), but did not get a clean solution.  In addition to the solution that Joe shared above for creating a new form from the existing xls, I also discovered that if you create a new survey from the existing survey's feature service that I could then view the data that was already collected from the Survey123 website.  This solution would allow you to have a working Survey123 form that uses the existing feature service for data submission and reporting. 

Dan

JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Ajeng,

The message you received is a generic message; there are a number of different causes that could lead to this being displayed. Can you provide the XLSFile of the form to attempt to replicate?

0 Kudos
Ajeng_SalmaYarista1
New Contributor II

Hi James,

Sure. The XLS is accessible on: Survey123 XLS File

0 Kudos
CarlosFlores6
New Contributor II

Does anyone know if this problem got resolved? I have the same issue with a survey that I created almost a year ago and up to date it has over 600 records. Suddenly I got the error in the survey123 web site that this survey does not exist or is not accessible. Please any help will be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Carlos,

Are you attempting to view the web form version of the survey or another page on the Survey123 website?

0 Kudos
VanessaSimpson2
New Contributor III

I am experiencing a similar issue to these mentioned above. I can see the survey in the list of "My Surveys" when on a device. I can launch it from within Survey123, but when I attempt to add a hyper link to a the Collector App pop up window and launch the survey from there I get the "Survey not Found...." at the bottom of the app. I can SEE the survey sitting up above in the list (its the one with the leaf icon), but the software says it can't see it. if I click on the survey from the list, it launches and I can fill it out- but I was hoping to have it launch from Collector and have a few fields pre-populate from another layer. 

I have checked permissions, settings and everything looks good. I am not sure why I am getting this and am hoping there has been a solution since the other users posted. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Vanessa,

On the windows device with Survey123, can you go to "C:\Users\<your username>\ArcGIS\My Surveys" and see if there is a folder whose name is the ID of the survey?

0 Kudos
VanessaSimpson2
New Contributor III

Yes, it's there. 

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Could you try copying/pasting the URL into a text editor to double check the formatting? Another way to debug would be to record a log file from Survey123 while the link is clicked (the application can be opened previously) - see Troubleshoot—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS  

VanessaSimpson2
New Contributor III

GAHH, there was one tiny little space or something in there, but that did the trick. I have been going in circles with this for a week.

You are a magician James!

thank you!!

0 Kudos