survey response download format

06-15-2017 12:01 PM
MaureenPeniuk1
New Contributor II
I am just in the testing phase - and created a short web survey on-line rather than with Survey Connect.
The app collects the data fine - and I can view my submitted data online, but the download from online is not what I was expecting.
For text responses - it works fine.
and for multiple choice options - it works fine
e.g. sampling crew is similar in the on-line table as the downloaded csv file
Inline image 1Inline image 2
However for questions where 1 response only must be selected
The on-line table shows my selections ;
while the downloaded csv file shows the ID value instead (which is not that helpful) (unless it also created a related table with the name field)
Inline image 3Inline image 4
Would you be able to direct me to instructions that would indicate how I can download the selection rather than the ID of that selection?  ie when I download a shapefile or CSV I want the value "WAP05" and not "choice0".
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Maureen,

The download function currently only provides access to the code values of the single choice questions, not the labels.  One workaround would be download the survey into Survey123Connect and alter the code values to a more meaningful value.

MaureenPeniuk1
New Contributor II

Thanks so much James - I will download and create with Survey123Connect then.... and I will be back if I have any more questions!

0 Kudos
MaureenPeniuk
New Contributor II

James: I have now created a survey form in Survey123connect. 

The download results are better - but I have 2 followup questions:

1) The csv file is pulling in the "name" field and not the "label" field. so is that what you meant - for me to alter the name field so it is the same as the label - if that is want  I want to show in my CSV file

2) when using the web form - the download included several date and time fields - one of which captured the local time but now that I am using connect - the time portion is not local - I was collecting data after 9pm local on June 15 and it lists the time as after 2, which I would think would be 2am. and that 2pm would be 14:00, and also it lists the date as June 16, a day ahead, is there not a way to have it include the local time that one sees on the survey123 APP? This would be very confusing to work with. And I just noticed that the "date and time field" only has a date 

and no time when I view the field in map view

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

1) Yes, you've got what i was trying to indicate

2) ArGIS Online stores times in UTC, not the local time zone where data is submitted (this is to prevent problems when data is being submitted from different time zones).  From your description, it sounds like you're probably in the western hemisphere; submitting data late in the day will show as being submitted early in the morning the next day.  See Troubleshoot—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS  for additional explanation.

0 Kudos