Survey123 and Tile Package Kreator

05-30-2017 01:18 PM
AnitaPalmer1
Occasional Contributor

I am doing a large field experience using #survey123 web for 110 teachers in late June. We would like to give them tablets that will be disconnected. I have the following question:

I have Tile Package Kreator installed on my Mac computer, created a tile map for the survey to use in disconnected environment. I have scoured GeoNet and all info out there to no avail (I'm sure it's me missing it), I know there have been updates to S123 since January which is the date of the instructions I found on GeoNet. Is there any way to use the tpk I created that sits in my AGO Org in Survey123 Web?
I appreciate the time.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anita,

Yes, there are a couple of ways to use the TPK with a survey. The instructions are at Prepare basemaps for offline use—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS .

The easiest method is to download the TPK, place it in the survey's media folder, and publish the survey.  The survey will then accompany the survey.

Alternatively, the survey can be edited to know about the TPK file.  This requires updating a file after initially publishing the form and then posting the form to ArcGIS Online again.  Prepare basemaps for offline use—Survey123 for ArcGIS | ArcGIS (Associate a shared tile package to a survey) explains this process.

0 Kudos
AnitaPalmer1
Occasional Contributor

Thank you James. I have reread the information you sent and I still don't find anywhere that you can associate a tpk created with a survey created in Survey123 Web. I have scoured absolutely everyplace I can find in My Survey and also ArcGIS Online where my survey and tpk reside. Sorry James, am I missing something?

Thank you again,

Anita

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Anita,

Just to be clear, TPKs are only supported by the Survey123 mobile / field app to fill in - you can't go offline with the web page. You can use Survey123Connect to download the survey you authored on the web, bring the TPK into the survey through either method above, and then republish the survey with the new information.  

0 Kudos
AnitaPalmer1
Occasional Contributor

I am using the mobile app. That workflow makes sense. Thank you!

Anita

0 Kudos