Survey123 App Update Error 1019

04-24-2018 01:00 PM
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

One of my field crews has had an issue with a about 10 of his surveys failing to submit when he attempted to do so from the field.  The surveys appeared to submit correctly (they disappear from his outbox) but they were missing from the hosted feature layer and related map so it is clear they did not.  When we tried to edit and resubmit through the sent box we get the "Update error code 1019 - The specified feature could not be updated or does not exist."  It would seem everything was filled out correctly and our survey does NOT use repeats.  Has anyone else had any issue with this and if so is this a known bug?  Also, the surveys are now stuck in his outbox.  I've attached a log file from his device.

Thanks,

Josh

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Josh,

Can you provide a bit more detail on the workflow?  Were the forms loaded from an Inbox?

0 Kudos
JoshHabel
Occasional Contributor II

They were not. They would have been created as a new survey.

Josh

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Josh,

That's interesting - the log you provided shows that the surveys were updating an existing feature (which would explain the error being displayed).

0 Kudos
deleted-user-Sh7q9fbKLpEv
New Contributor III

Hi James Tedrick‌,

Does this mean that we cannot save, edit and then submit Surveys in the Survey123 app? I have a user who is unable to submit a days worth of field work and is getting this exact error. She tried to modify Surveys and submit them once she returned to the office and now we are stuck with surveys that won't submit. Any suggestions or workarounds?

Thanks,

Jacqueline

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick

Hi Jacqueline,

This error code indicates that between the time that features were loaded into the Inbox and submission was attempted, the features were deleted or significantly modified (either the objectid or globalid information was changed).   As a possible workaround, I might suggest exporting the data from the device (using a script like GitHub - tedrick/ReadS123DB: Convert the survey data stored in the Survey123 Field App into a set of... ) and then manually reconcile the changes with the database.

0 Kudos
CarverCounty
New Contributor II

Hi James Tedrick‌,

Thanks for the quick reply - we'll give this workflow a try!

Jacqueline

0 Kudos