Survey123 Editing Online is Deleting Data

05-23-2023 07:25 AM
aprhyde11
New Contributor III

The survey crew has been collecting data for culverts, they've been getting location data for the inverts of the inlet and the outlet.

I've been editing surveys in the Survey123 website and I believe it has been deleting some of my z-vaules that were submitted. This only seems to happen for some surveys and not all of them. It happens for the culvert inlet inverts and the culvert outlet inverts.

Can anyone help? Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get the deleted data back?

aprhyde11_0-1684851736335.png

After more review, it also changes the location of the second data point within the same survey

5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Are there multiple forms being used to collect this data? Are you editing existing records? Are those questions being hidden in some cases? Depending on how you hide questions, it can alter the data.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
aprhyde11
New Contributor III

There is only one form being used per culvert, so invert inlet and invert outlet are collected on the same form.

I am only editing certain answers to certain questions. I am not editing the locations of the inverts. But that is the data that is disappearing. 

This is how the question looks in the xls:

aprhyde11_0-1684854704180.png

0 Kudos
EddyClark
Occasional Contributor

Are you using the relevant column?  If so, try the esri::hide column instead.

0 Kudos
aprhyde11
New Contributor III

The columns will show but sometimes the actual data gets deleted. That's where the problem comes in 

0 Kudos
EddyClark
Occasional Contributor

You'll probably have to contact support about getting the deleted data back.  Or get a nice DEM to find the values.  Do you need the Z field exposed for editing?  Probably take it out, only expose the fields you need for editing.

0 Kudos