Survey123 Report Fails when Map element included

08-05-2023 01:02 AM
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

I have been having issues with Survey123's report templates for the past month or so.

Reports that don't include a map element work OK, but if a map element is included then the report times out and fails to generate. My reports that included map elements had previously been working fine.

In our live environment Survey123 is configured on ArcGIS Enterprise with survey data coming from internal SDE. Initially I'd thought the issue was perhaps to do with our environment or the version of Survey123 Connect used to publish the survey.  But I have since did some more testing on AGOL and am experiencing the same issues (published survey using Survey123 Connect v3.18 and survey layer hosted on AGOL).

The post at https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/report-fails-with-error-connection-timed-ou... also describes what typically happens, whenever the map element is included.

ESRI Support suggested including the 'drawinginfo' method along with the feature service URL.. in my case

${Location | drawingInfo:" https://services1.arcgis.com/i8LHQZrSk9zIffRU/arcgis/rest/services/service_f976dee86f22460da0f74cecb...

but this also fails to generate the report.. Error message below

An error occurred when rendering by the report engine. Failed to print map for ${Location | drawingInfo:" https://services1.arcgis.com/i8LHQZrSk9zIffRU/arcgis/rest/services/service_f976dee86f22460da0f74cecb..."}. Runtime.callFunctionOn timed out.

Is anyone else experiencing problems like this?
Grateful for any feedback.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

OK.. a quick update on partial solution...

On AGOL, I did a bit of digging around and our site's default basemap was set to 'Topographic'.. but a version of this that was based on the deprecated raster format. So I switched the default basemap over to the vector version of 'Topographic' (also tried other vector basemaps) and now the report with the map element included works OK... at least on AGOL

On our Enterprise environment, I created a webmap that had the same content as the vector version of Topographic I'd used on AGOL.  I set the sharing permissions on the webmap to Everyone. I configured the map report template to include the following line..

${T98GrilleInspection_point | map: “c8c2f89361284afdbdeb48bd7889fbc6” | size:300:200}

but when I try running the report, I'm still getting the 'Failed to print map... ' message - see attached screenshot'..

Any suggestions as to what the issue might be?

0 Kudos
MichaelKohn_PGE
New Contributor II

Good Morning, I've been trying to run feature reports that contains a web map and am getting the same error. After attempting to change the item id to a different map the same error still occurs.

I used this syntax: ${$shape | map:”50c20892fa174712871e802765a97cb1”:1000}

The error message is this:

An error occurred when rendering by the report engine. Failed to print map for ${$shape | map:”50c20892fa174712871e802765a97cb1”:1000}. Runtime.callFunctionOn timed out.

This is similar syntax that I use in other feature reports templates that pull maps and it works there.

Is there a Feature Report bug that is preventing maps to print on reports?

0 Kudos
cat206
by
Occasional Contributor

I'm getting the same error too, has either of you found a solution?

0 Kudos
SusanPollard
New Contributor III

also having this issue. Report map times out for some users when zoomed out to 5km buffer but loads results and logo. Works intermittently for some. Any solutions?

0 Kudos