Survey123 select_one list disappears before selecting

2 weeks ago
AmyOdom
New Contributor II

Hi, I have a survey created in connect with a set of questions in a repeat and a repeat count set to 3. I have my first question setup as an autocomplete search on a hosted feature layer in my organization. There are only 9 options to choose from and that loads and operates fine. Based on this selection, the next question, also a select_one, is filtered to relevant choices also using autocomplete search on a hosted feature layer. The issue I'm having is that the list will load, with only the "a through c" options visible, and as I try to type a name that is not listed, it will come up briefly in the dropdown list, but then the list disappears before I can select it. This is very frustrating and definitely not user friendly for the users of this survey. Is there a paramater somewhere I need to configure for a list of thousands of choices pulling from a hosted feature layer? Thanks for any info.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
KerryKang
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Amy,

Is there any option that you can use csv pull data instead of a feature layer to see if the error coming from feature layer?

One thing i know is that autocomplete won’t list thousand items but users can still bring up selection list by entering keywords. It’s odd that those lists are disappear though.

Perhaps on your relevant column for the second selection, are you using correct value? Make sure the value you use as a filter matches with in the domain code in the first select question, not label. 

I just threw some of my random thoughts and hopefully it helps you to do further investigation.

Kerry

0 Kudos
AmyOdom
New Contributor II

Thank you, I could test with pull data from a csv so I'll do that. Odd thing is it was working fine a few weeks ago and now it doesn't, no changes on my end. I'll try the csv and see.

0 Kudos