Survey123 - TypeError: Cannot call method 'toString' Calculate Field From Previous Question That Uses Area

12-26-2023 02:37 PM
AFangman
New Contributor II

Error on Mobile App Calculate Field From Previous Question That Uses Area

Hello all,

I have a survey I created in Survey123, not Connect. In the survey there is a Map question that has the user use the Area Drawing Tool to encompass a property.

The next question uses a calculation to extract information from a point within the drawn area. Think a geocode point for address. One such field is a name. This works great on the web. Not so much on our iPad or iPhone Survey123 app.

Calculation: Extract 'name' from 'point' at location 'area from previous question'

Here is the error that the field is populated with instead of 'Name' or other data:

TypeError: Cannot call method 'toString' of undefined in expression: pulldata("@layer", "getValueAt", "attributes.name", "Insert URL for REST Service Here",  /xls-0bc794f4f9174047b95273179

Any clues as to why this is?

P.S.
I also have a question that is somewhat reversed. The user will place a point; then the following question will extract data from a parcel layer that encompasses the point. Another name. This works great on both the web and mobile apps.

Thanks!

2 Replies
AFangman
New Contributor II

This is a bug verified by ESRI: https://support.esri.com/en-us/bug/the-pulldata-function-sends-the-payload-for-the-query-i-bug-00016...

Bug ID Number BUG-000162019

SubmittedOctober 11, 2023
Last ModifiedJanuary 4, 2024
Applies toArcGIS Survey123
Version found3.18
Operating SystemN/A
Operating System VersionN/A
StatusUnder Consideration

SteveBrewer
New Contributor III

Hi Afangman I am also having this issue. I was wondering if you have heard any updates?

0 Kudos