Unable to Access Survey Data

07-24-2017 10:47 AM
RobertMarros
Occasional Contributor II

James Tedrick

Hi James,

Currently I am unable to open up and view my survey data through the Data tab using the Survey123 web browser:

This issue is only occurring for one specific survey. I am able to access the survey data for my other surveys via the web browser data tab. I was hoping you could help me understand why this is occurring? Fortunately I am able to access my survey data through ArcGIS Online and can successfully download all the data as an excel spreadsheet. However, I would like to understand why I am unable to do so via the Survey123 web browser.

Thanks

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ZachMueting
New Contributor III

I'm also having this issue but am unable to open designs since the website update on ESRI's end on July 20.  This is beyond frustrating as I keep having issues with surveys designed before updates.  I hope this can be repaired soon. 

RobertMarros

3 days later and I am still unable to access the Data tab for this survey. I am not sure what the problem is but I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out!!! 

Unable to Access Survey Data

#survey 123 error#survey123 web

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Robert,

We have identified a couple of situations where the new custom printing functionality sees unexpected values and will be updating the website to address.  One situation is where a survey has a select_one question with only 1 choice (essentially, a confirmation question) - does the survey that does not load have such a question?  If not, could you share the XLS file to let us attempt to replicate it?

RobertMarros

James,

Yes my survey does have a select_one question with only 1 choice. Do I still need to send you my XLS file? 

Thanks,

Steven

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Robert Marros‌, Vanessa Santos

The select_one question with only a single choice item issue has been fixed on the website, can you please have a try after clearing the browser cache?

Please let us know if the fix works for you.

ZachMueting
New Contributor III

Hi,

I tried that before and it didn’t work.

Best,

Vanessa Santos, LLA

493-2600 phone (x117)

0 Kudos
RobertMarros

It works now. Thanks

0 Kudos
ZachMueting
New Contributor III

Hello,

I saw that is worked for Robert so I tried it but it still doesn't work.  I've been told my problem is that I used the % character in one of my questions and it's bugging out with the new website update that happened on July 20th.  They're still working on it and I don't see a fix in site any time soon.  It's very frustrating and we have a client waiting.  I wish it seemed as though all hands were on deck for this.  This is the second time I've been unable to access designs because of a website or survey connect update.  I really do wish we got a little warning updates were coming down the pipeline.  I could try and work around them. 

Best,
Vanessa

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Vanessa,

Sorry about the inconvenience. 

We have not seen a bug related to % character reported yet. Would you mind to provide us the XLSForm which can reproduce the issue? 

0 Kudos