Use Microsoft Power Automate with Google actions to send email with attached Survey123 report.

02-12-2024 08:13 AM
DarrenLloyd__DOIT
New Contributor III

We are working on a Survey123 Connect project that takes a survey submittal, creates a report, and emails the report. My current Microsoft Power Automate Flow uses Survey123 actions to create the report. The next two steps use Office365 actions to upload the report and get the report. The final step uses the Google email action to send an email with the attached report. We've had some Microsoft licensing issues in our organization, and I've had intermittent success with the flow so I would like to primarily use Google actions if possible.

My goal is to create a Flow that uses Google actions to upload the file and get the report (like Office365 Flow). Has anyone used Google actions for this?

PA Flow for license request.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Why not skip the Upload file from URL completely? You can use an HTTP step to get the report and attach it to the email directly.

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

This is what I mean:

abureaux_0-1707755469104.png

Then, your email step can attach the "body" of this HTTP step (the "body" is the output from the report step). Skips the whole upload thing altogether.

abureaux_1-1707755536273.png

0 Kudos
DarrenLloyd__DOIT
New Contributor III

Thank you for the reply and details for a potential solution. This would work however we do not have the Premium Power Automate license so the operations are limited to only the Standard choices. Do you happen to know another action Flow that would work with Standard actions? 

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Sorry. I don't work in a "Standard" environment, so I don't typically gravitate to those solutions.

There are connectors for Google Drive and Dropbox. You could resonably replace the OneDrive steps with either of those (likely Google Drive. That way you are more in the "Google Environment" rather than Office 365).

0 Kudos
DarrenLloyd__DOIT
New Contributor III

Thank you @abureaux. This issue has prompted a possible discussion with leadership to upgrade our M365 license for Power Automate to Premium. Really appreciate the help!