Using Reports

03-07-2024 05:13 AM
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Hi, I'm wondering if there is any way to build customised reports for Survey 123 data, but using Survey 123 Connect, rather than the online platform?  The online platform can burn through credits pretty quickly!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Customized output? Yep. Feature Reports would be what you're looking for.

More info here and here.

You can also automate the output to generate when someone hits "send" on the survey. You would use either Make or Power Automate. It's a relatively easy process now.

0 Kudos
HelenCooper
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks @abureaux , forgive me if I'm wrong, but it looks like they're all via the Survey 123 website though rather than Survey 123 Connect?  I'm ideally trying to find a way of efficient reporting that doesn't cost a stack of credits!

0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

S123 report generation is through the S123 Website. This is true for BOTH AGO and Enterprise users. For those that want a truly disconnected environment, there is an on-prem report generation software that can be deployed, but it it very limited compared to the standard version.

Similarly, credits don't care if a survey was created via Connect or the Web App (I highly recommend Connect though). They are just methods of creating a survey.

The real question is "what is your environment?" I.e., are you Enterprise or AGO? AGO I believe costs credits for hosting and for report generation. Enterprise is creditless for hosting.

As for report generation specifically (taken from here)...

• If your survey is hosted in ArcGIS Online, each report will cost 0.5 credits plus 0.5 credits for each additional survey record included in the report;
  • The use of the Survey123 report service from your ArcGIS Enterprise instance will not consume ArcGIS Online credit costs.

TL;DR: AGO costs credits to do pretty much anything. Can't avoid that for S123.

0 Kudos