Viewing Survey Data in Survey123

11-19-2019 11:26 AM
AdelaideZumwalt1
Occasional Contributor II

I have a survey based on a feature class in a enterprise database. Users can add to the survey with no problems but none of my viewers can see the data using Survey123 "Data." They get the following error:

The collaborate tab says that viewers can see "All records in this survey."

Why is it that I (who published the survey) can see the data, but no one else can? It is shared with everyone in ArcGIS Online and in Survey123.

I see the following on ESRI's site, but we are on version 10.6 so was this never changed?

I get thI get

"Feature layer views aren't supported for federated feature services and aren't available in ArcGIS Enterprise hosted services before version 10.6."

I called ESRI and got the following response: "Seems like the only way to allow for edits from survey123.arcgis.com is to use a hosted feature service from ArcGIS online." This just seems odd as I can edit the survey, but others can't (unless they are adding a new record). Any insight would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
20 Replies
AdelaideZumwalt1

That's what we decided to do with this particular survey - use web app builder. I know for projects coming down the line we were hoping to use the Analyze and Data reporting tool in Survey123 which would only require a read-only view. Is there any way to make these items accessible to users who don't need to edit?

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adelaide,

Given your architecture, you would want to use ArcGIS Online hosted services for Survey123 forms to share the data for viewing.

0 Kudos
AdelaideZumwalt1

Will viewing in the analyze or data tabs ever be an option? I'll be honest, it's a bit disappointing after selling our users on the reporting tool only to find out it's not useable given our set-up as I like keeping as much of our data as possible on our servers when possible. The reporting tool is pretty cool and we can host our data as a work around.

It might be good to put some verbage under the "Share survey results" link that states viewing not compatible w/ ArcGIS Server or make that error message a little more readable. 

Thanks for taking the time to look into this James, it's appreciated.

0 Kudos
GingerHarrington
New Contributor II

I am having a similar problem except when my users try to view the survey it says no records have been submitted; however, I as the creator can view all the records.

AdelaideZumwalt1

Are they trying to view results in the Data tab?

0 Kudos
GingerHarrington
New Contributor II

Yes I am.  We need to be able to use the data to print a report.

0 Kudos
AdelaideZumwalt1

I got on the phone with ESRI Support in November and found out that no one can view data, print reports, or edit records using the Data tab on Survey123's site if set-up using Enterprise GIS except for the survey creator. It was frustrating, and a bug was logged - not for the actual problem, but for misleading text. We ended up going with a webapp.

ENH-000126920 : Currently the text for when Configuring Survey 123 with a feature service published to ArcGIS server, that service cannot create the Stakeholder and field worker view. Normally these views allow the survey creator and submitter to go to the "survey123.arcgis.com" site and edit the survey's data from this site and generate reports.

However with server service the submitter of the survey cannot edit the survey's from this site or generate the reports. The creator of this survey was confused by the wording in the the viewer tab which states, "The same group of users who can submit data can also view results."

0 Kudos
FelixciaBlanchard1
New Contributor II

I am having the same problem. I am the creator but the viewer can not see the results so they can generate reports. We do not have Enterprise.

0 Kudos
GingerHarrington
New Contributor II

Felixcia,

I ended up calling customer support.  We deleted the (stakeholder) file on ArgGIS Online file.  Then I went back into the survey and added the viewer setting back in.  It worked for me.  Hope this is helpful!

Ginger

0 Kudos
FelixciaBlanchard1
New Contributor II

Perfect! It worked thank you.

0 Kudos