We can't submit a survey with an attachment.

11-13-2023 08:03 PM
A_MN
by
New Contributor II

We have issues with submitting surveys with attachments. It works without attachment, and it was fine in October. The issue started in November. We have updated our applications and done everything we needed to be done, but none of them were working. The image size was 1980, and we cannot reduce it as it reduces the quality of our photos. Anyone have any ideas or similar issues?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @A_MN ,

Does this issue occur in the Survey123 web app or the field app? If the survey was published in Survey123 Connect, would you mind sharing a minimal part that can reproduce the issue?

In addition, you mentioned it might relate to the image size, regardless of the photo quality, is that passible to submit the survey if the image size (long edge?) is smaller than 1980px?

0 Kudos
A_MN
by
New Contributor II

Hi @ZhifangWang,

It occurs in field apps as well as web apps. I've included a portion of one of our forms that prevents us from sending in surveys with photos (Submision stuck in uploading attachment).

We can submit a survey by adjusting the image size to 1280 pixels.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @A_MN ,

Thanks for sharing the XLSForm file.

I've published it (with a minor modification to remove the input mask of the first question) from 3.18 version of Survey123 Connect, with setting of Options->Images->Unrestricted to allow image larger than 1280px. Then tested with filling all image questions with a 4000px*3000px image (23 images in total), but I can upload and submit the survey successfully in both 3.18 field app and 3.18 web app.

Are there any specific steps I missed to reproduce the issue? Or if possible, can you please share a screen recording that shows how to reproduce the error?

0 Kudos
A_MN
by
New Contributor II

Hi @ZhifangWang 

I appreciate your prompt response on this, but it's still not working for me. Please take a look at the screen recording I've attached.

In most cases, it stuck for a while, uploading the attachment with no improvment.

I have attached the error screen shot as well.

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@A_MN- are you using ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise?  The 'unknown error' message was received by the Survey123 app from the feature service.

0 Kudos
A_MN
by
New Contributor II

Hi @JamesTedrick

We are using ArcGIS Online, and now all of our field team is unable to submit data. I am not sure if this is related to the new changes in the Survey123 website or what happened; this should be a technical issue from your end.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JamesTedrick
Esri Esteemed Contributor

@A_MN- If you have not yet, please open a ticket with Esri Support or your distributor.  Given the timeline you are indicating (beginning of November), this may be related to the update to ArcGIS Online that occured at the end of November.

0 Kudos
KyleWeaver
New Contributor II

We've also had issues with Survey123 photo attachments on a random basis lately as well. We've been getting Server 500 errors, which offers some clues (server side error) when the trying to submit the survey. We've had a Esri ticket open for a few days now. The workaround that they provided just today was to reduce to the photo file size down to 320 pixels, which isn't ideal....  

0 Kudos
EricAndersonMIT
New Contributor

I'm also having the same issue described above - however, I can't submit ANY attachments (photos, pdf, .zip, etc.). The survey form throws a HTTP 500 error. I've tried altering the file size but no change. Just discovered the issue this afternoon, so I haven't submitted a ticket yet. It was definitely working in October.

0 Kudos