Survey123 Create Report action in Microsoft Power Automate (Preview)

01-30-2023 12:43 PM
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

[Updated July 2023: Added new note with link to a more recent and complete video]

Note: You may want to watch this video instead for a more recent take at this functionality

Just a few days a new Create Report action was added to the ArcGIS Survey123 connector for Microsoft Power Automate. While this action will not be officially documented or supported until the upcoming February 2023 release (currently planned for February 22), you can start playing with it now.

The video below will give you a quick tour to get you going. Enjoy!

If you have any feedback, please let us know by posting a comment below or adding your comments to the Survey123 Early Adopter Community website.

Note:  Since this action was added to the connector, some of you have reported that any flow previously authored from a Microsoft Power Automate template, stops working when you edit it. To resolve this issue, the Survey123 connector needs to be deleted from your flow and added again.  We are working to understand if this problem can be prevented or not. 

67 Replies
BrunoGomesdeSouza
New Contributor III

@IsmaelChivite Thank you so much!
This new operation will improve so much our workflow in survey 123!

RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I was just looking to upgrade my auto email with a new flow. This is perfect! Thank you! 

0 Kudos
FRSadmin
New Contributor III

@IsmaelChivite 

Hello Ishmael, I have done as you suggested and deleted the survey123 connection and re-added it to no effect.

If I start a new flow to mimic the ones that don`t work it will immediately come back saying that there was a Bad Request even if my connection allowed me to see the surveys that I have published.

Are there any other ways to fix this?

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

From what I was seeing in this thread below, using the TEMPLATE set up in Power Automate is an issue, so you'd need to start by creating an automated flow and selecting Survey123 as the trigger.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/changes-to-survey123-connector-in-power-aut...

0 Kudos
RobertAnderson3
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Ishmael,

I love seeing this new functionality! But the way it's broken old flows when you go into edit them (especially the template created ones) is pretty brutal, please keep us posted on the process of finding a solution for that!

0 Kudos
SayedWali
New Contributor III

Hi @IsmaelChivite 

Thank you for the useful guidance. I want to take the file and not save it into OneDrive, but instead, I want to send it to an email as an attachment. Would that be possible?

0 Kudos
IsmaelChivite
Esri Notable Contributor

2023-02 Survey123 Power Automate Create Report and Email.png

Alexandre
New Contributor

Thank you, Ismael! It worked for me! However, is there a way to send the report directly by email, without going through the one drive?

Alexandre_0-1678722745703.png

BenCunningham
New Contributor III

Is this the same for SharePoint? I am trying to adapt your solution to 'Create File' in MS Teams (sharepoint) folder location but it gets hung up on 'Get file content' saying file not found.

0 Kudos