Deleting the WHOLE Model, not simply a project, plan, layer, etc.

Jump to solution
11-06-2023 11:37 AM
ScottEdmondson
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've searched and searched for how to delete a whole ArcGIS Urban model, but can only find direction on how to delete individual model components, such as plans, projects, layers. 

I know i've seen the delete button somewhere inside Global Manager, but can't find it or directions to it for the life of me.

Please describe/point. THANK you.

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottEdmondson
New Contributor III

FOUND it! 

Can NOT be deleted inside the Urban App. 

Need to go to the Urban Model layer Urban creates in AGOL, open the details page, click the SETTINGS button in the far right menu bar, and then click the "Delete Item" button.

Voila! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
ScottEdmondson
New Contributor III

FOUND it! 

Can NOT be deleted inside the Urban App. 

Need to go to the Urban Model layer Urban creates in AGOL, open the details page, click the SETTINGS button in the far right menu bar, and then click the "Delete Item" button.

Voila! 

DominikAllemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @ScottEdmondson ,

We are aware that deleting an urban model is currently missing. The feature will be added with a future release.

Happy to hear that you figured out the workaround to delete an urban model. 

Just a clarifying remark to ensure that you don't keep unnecessary items in your ArcGIS Online (AGO) account:

• An urban model consists of 3 AGO items in total:
    • An Urban Model item
    • A feature layer (named after the urban model suffixed with "Database")
    • A feature layer view (named after the urban model suffixed with "Database View")
  • You need to delete all three items to remove your urban model completely. 
  • On the details page of the Urban Model item there are links to the associated feature layer and feature layer view items. This makes it easier to identify all items associated with the urban model itself. 
    DominikAllemann_0-1699341663358.png

Please reach out in case of additional questions.
Thanks.