Cannot Populate Isconnected in subnetwork

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
BryanMay531
New Contributor III

I'm having trouble getting my subnetwork to have isConnected turned to true.  It is the first subnetwork I have created.  There is a Medium Voltage Circuit Breaker that controls a circuit we call circuit 93.  I have made the circuit breaker into a subnetwork controller in the Distribution Tier. I don;t understand why i can't populate Isconnected downstream.  Somehow I seem to have populate the BUsbar upstream to connected.

Can someone please look at the attached gdb and help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The real problem is that your distribution circuit isn't able to make it past your first length of conductor because the second conductor is not connected to the attachment. I noticed there were a lot of dirty areas in the network, and after disabling the network topology and enabling the network topology the subnetwork appears to trace correctly (according to the data you have provided).

RobertKrisher_0-1713382737157.png

As for why busbar 93 is still showing as isconnected after deleting the subnetwork, I'm not sure.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

The real problem is that your distribution circuit isn't able to make it past your first length of conductor because the second conductor is not connected to the attachment. I noticed there were a lot of dirty areas in the network, and after disabling the network topology and enabling the network topology the subnetwork appears to trace correctly (according to the data you have provided).

RobertKrisher_0-1713382737157.png

As for why busbar 93 is still showing as isconnected after deleting the subnetwork, I'm not sure.

BryanMay531
New Contributor III

Did you edit the second conductor to snap to an attachment?

0 Kudos
RobertKrisher
Esri Regular Contributor

I did have to manually snap it. It looks like you have made adjustments to the z values of some of these geometries. The Z of the attachment and the first line is 0 (which is why they're connected), but the first vertex of the next line has a Z value of -1.

RobertKrisher_0-1713383544684.png

0 Kudos
BryanMay531
New Contributor III

I changed that z-value back to 0, snapped the line end and its tracing now.  thankYou!

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

First, that is a very old copy of the model.  You should start with the latest model on the Solutions.arcgis.com site.  

Second, you modified the domain for phases to represent phase orientation.  That will not work with phase correctly with phase tracing!

Third, the line {B8C7547F-7D90-46B9-BA1D-DAA2872ACC60} is not snapped to the Attachment point

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
0 Kudos
BryanMay531
New Contributor III

Ok thanks,  we are going to deploy on Enterprise 10.9.1  Can I use a new version model?

0 Kudos
JohnAlsup
Esri Contributor

Yes, you can use the currently released model which is 2.2.  

John Alsup
jalsup@esri.com
BryanMay531
New Contributor III

Awesome,  To work on Enterprise 10.9.1 I need to create the UN on a machine with ArcPro 2.9x, Correct?

0 Kudos